150th Anniversary--1988

John George Schumm Family History

Home | History | History 4 | History 5 | History 6 | History 7 | History 8 | History 9 | History 10 | History 11 | History 12 | History 13 | History 14 | History 15 | History 16 | History 17 | History 18 | History 19 | History 20 | History 21 | History 22 | History 23 | History 24 | History 25

Home

History

History 4

History 5

History 6

History 7

History 8

History 9

History 10

History 11

History 12

History 13

History 14

History 15

History 16

History 17

History 18

History 19

History 20

History 21

History 22

History 23

History 24

History 25

History 21

















Over 200 years have elapsed since John George Schumm first saw the light of day, and more than a century and a half since he landed on American soil. And 150 years have passed since he first viewed the beauties of Van Wert county and made his abode there. What wonderful happenings since then! What progress since 1838! When the Schumms from near and far come together for one of their reunions, the gleaming spire of a large, beautiful brick church, pointing heavenward, proclaims from afar that the old church has long ago been outgrown, and that the old Lutheran faith still has its staunch adher­ents among the children's children of John George. The old, well-kept cemetery, the smiling landscape dotted with flourishing, modern farms; the rolling green fields intersected by smooth, hard-surfaced highways; sleek, contented cattle grazing in the pastores; telephones, well-filled barns, barn-yards teeming with fowl and other animal life; modern conveniences, such as electricity, electric washers, automobiles, the rural mail carrier bringing the news by day and the radio and TV by night; happy people, young and old - they all tell the story that John George Schumm had chosen well,

Copyright © 2006 Zion Evangelical Lutheran Church

All Rights Reserved. Feedback to Webmaster.

Home of Georg Michael Fisher, Ruppertshofen in 1987

Mrs. Meyer lives on 1st floor above the steps

Area below (street level) used to be a cow stable

Church in Ruppertshofen that John George Schumm attended.

Built about 1725. Picture was taken from Fisher home.